FORCONSULT has since her establishment Commissioned about 200 consultancy assignments and has organized and conducted seminars, conferences, workshops, short courses and preparation of relevant proceedings. In all these assignments FORCONSULT has always delivered to the satisfaction of the clients. Some of the client that the unity has worked with in recent years include, The Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism and her Administrative Divisions and Agencies Forest and Beekeeping Division (FBD), Wildlife Division (WD), Tanzania National Parks (TANAPA), Tanzania Forest Service (TFS) and the Tanzania Forest Research Institute (TAFORI). Other clients include the Division of Environment in the Vice Presidents Office, Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar, National Environmental Council of Tanzania (NEMC), Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security and many other ministries and local authorities.
The unit has a track record with other clients as well including The World Bank (WB), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), UNEP, UNDP, NORAD, FINNIDA, DANIDA, DFID, ICRAF, WWF, IUCN, SIDA, USAID, JICA, UNREDD, GTZ, Eastern Arc Mountain Conservation Endowment Fund (EAMCEF), World Resource Institute (WRI), INDUFOR-Finland, SADC, ILO, Global Environmental Facility (GEF), UNICEF, CARE and European Union (EU) to mention a few.
Some of the recently accomplished assignments include:
- Conducted Baseline Surveys in 8 Nature Reserves and 1 National Park in the Eastern Arc Mountains of Tanzania
- Forest Condition, Threats and Management Effectiveness Assessment in the Eastern Arc Mountain Forest
- Hydrologic and Land Use/Cover Change Analysis for the Uluguru (Ruvu River Basin) and East Usambara (Sigi River Basin) Watersheds.
- Conducted an in-depth study on Existing REDD Related Carbon Trade and Marketing Opportunities in Tanzania
- Established modalities of establishing and operationalising national REDD trust fund, and associated financial flow management
- Collaborated on Preparing and Delivering Training on REDD for the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism (MNRT) and Provided Advice on Further Institutional and Capacity Building Needs
- Measuring and Valuing the Carbon Stocks in Uluguru and Chome Nature Reserves, Eastern Arc Mountains
- Hydrologic and Land Use/Cover Change Analysis for the Uluguru (Ruvu River Basin) and East Usambara (Sigi River Basin) Watersheds
- Development of extension material and Concession Arrangement Action Plan for Implementation of National Awareness Campaign on Participatory Forest Management (PFM) and Private Sector Involvement (PSI) in Forest Management in Tanzania. - Client – Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism, Forestry and Beekeeping Division Dar es Salaam
- Assessment of Forest Management Practices that are Suitable for Implementation of Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) Schemes.
- Forest Condition and Quality Assessment. Disturbance, Threat Reduction Assessment and Management Effectiveness Assessment for the Eastern Arc Mountains Forests. UNDP - Eastern Arc Forests Conservation and Management Program.
- Forest Area Mapping and Verification. UNDP - Eastern Arc Forests Conservation and Management Program
- Preparation of the Wetlands Management Strategy for the Wildlife Division, Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism.
- Valuation of the FBD Forest Assets in 14 Regions of Tanzania. World Bank/FBD Tanzania Forest Conservation and Management Project.
- Inventory of Forest Resources in 11 Districts of Tanzania. World Bank/FBD Tanzania Forest Conservation and Management Project.
- Prepared the National Wetlands Strategy Issue Paper, for The Wildlife Division after having surveyed relevant wetlands within the country (July 2005)
- Methods of Wetland Inventory in Tanzania. Preparation and Compilation of the Status Report for Tanzania on Wetland Inventory, Assessment and Monitoring Methodologies. IUCN, Southern African Region, Zimbabwe
- Evaluation and Selection of Wetlands of International Importance in Tanzania per "Ramsar Convention Bureau" (National Environmental Management Council, Tanzania).
- Participatory Forest Management (PFM) in Tanzania: District Baseline Studies (NFP-PFM Component) MNRT, Dar es Salaam.
- Economic Valuation of the Catchment Forests of Tanzania.
- Lesotho Highlands Community Forestry Project (HCFP) Forestry Research Programme Design (Lesotho Government/CARE - Lesotho/European Union).
- Inventory of Miombo Woodland in Malawi using Permanent Sample Plots (European Union).
- Training of Mangrove Forestry Staff in Participatory Forest Management (NORAD/FBD).
- To undertake an in-depth analysis of the existing trust funds in Brazil and South Africa